NEWSFLASH: Lemon tart is not just for granny’s! Hoorah! I can’t think of tucking into a better dessert in this summer weather than this sweet, tangy, lemony goodness. We topped ours with some grated lemon rind, fresh mint springs from the garden and served it with a dollop of greek yogurt sprinkled with pistachios – YUM!
For the pastry
- 85g (3 oz) butter
- 4.5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 150g plain flour
For the lemon filling
- 3 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar for dusting
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 160 C Fan / Gas mark 4.
- Process butter, 4 tablespoons icing sugar and 125g flour in food processor for 10 seconds, (I used a Nutribullet which takes slightly longer) or blend with pastry blender. Pat dough evenly into 23cm tart tin.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons flour and mix until smooth; pour mixture over hot pastry case.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until firm. Let cool completely in tin. Dust with icing sugar, top with mint sprigs and love and cut into slices and DEVOUR!