There’s nothing I like better than starting my day with a bowl of berries, topped with greek yogurt and lashings of crunchy, nutty granola. So, inspired by a delicious breakfast pot I ate after enjoying some morning rooftop meditation at Google Campus, I recreated my own quinoa, oat and almond granola… and boy was it tasty.
It’s so simple, quick to make and you decide exactly what goes into it – you’ll never want to buy shop bought granola again!
Almond, quinoa and oat granola:
- 250g almonds
- 160g quinoa
- 30g oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon/ mixed spices
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 70ml agave or maple syrup
- Large baking tray
- Preheat oven on to 160°C. Roughly chop almonds.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Heat coconut oil and agave in a small saucepan, whisking frequently until well-emulsified. Add wet ingredients to dry mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread mix on a baking tray in an even layer and bake for around 20 minutes or just before the edges start to catch.
- Remove from the oven and stir. Bake for a further 5 – 10 minutes until the granola is a rich caramel colour and you can smell its fragrance fill the kitchen… delicious!!
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
- Add coconut flakes to the dry mix.
- Add dried fruit or chocolate chips to the finished mix.
- Play with quinoa/ oat ratio.